ShareThis

3/06/2011

Japanika

Japanika in Herzliya Pituach, as you may have guessed, is a restaurant mainly for Japanese food, but their expertise is Sushi, the best Sushi in town... if you ask me!

It is my favorite restaurant here in Herzliya and since they began offering "Take Away" (Mishloach, since Feb '11), I'm having Sushi at least once a week :).
But it's still nicer to eat there, even if you often have to wait for a table. If you are planing to go on Thursday or Saturday evening you can expect to wait for at least 20 min (if you didn't make a reservation ahead of time). But it's definitely worth it, and if you come as a couple, you get almost immediately a place at the bar... - with two people it is very comfortable.

After you get a table either inside or outside, you can get an Hebrew menu but also an English one. So it's very comfortable for us international people. I also don’t know Hebrew very well, but after eating at Japanika sooo often, I finally know how to order in Hebrew, and that’s what I always do… although all my friends laugh at me, because that’s the only place I speak Hebrew ;)

Here is my favorite menu:

- Futomaki with grilled salmon, carrot and tamago

- Maki Inside/Out with Salmon skin and carrot

- Maki Inside/Out with grilled salmon and tamago.

I know it is not very versatile but it is simply the best.

But there are of course many other good things… i.e. the Japanko,  a fried sushi roll that you can fill with whatever you want!  My friends call it “Schnitzel”, because it resembles a Schnitzel, but actually has nothing to do with meat. Japanika is very famous for this roll. You can also find many different special rolls such as the Rainbow roll with different kinds of fish ON the roll and then it looks like a rainbow… :)

The main dishes Japanika offers are nice and I was told that they are quite delicious, but to be honest... who wants noodles or fried rice, if you can have sushi...

As an appetizer I would suggest the Japanese pickles, it's a very tasty and good appetizer because you still have enough space for the sushi afterwards. Edamame (Soy beans) are also recommendable.

If this is not enough, Japanika also offers a variety of alcohol and they often have special offers for Champagne or Lambrusco, for example.

After writing this post, I have to go there, and that’s what I am going to do now!!

See u later…

3 Kommentare:

Definitely the best!

I usually order: Maki Salmon, Maki Tuna, Maki I/O Salmon & Asparagus and depending on my appetite another role...

The Miso Soup is also very good!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More